IODINE PATCH TEST INSTRUCTIONS1. Its best to do this test in the morning after showering but it is not required. You can start anytime.
2. Use Tincture of Iodine to paint a "2 X 2" square on the inner arm.
Tincture of Iodine is available from any drugstore or pharmacy. Be sure it's the original orange colored solution and not the clear solution.
3. Write down your starting time.
4. Observe the coloration of the patch over the next 24 hours.
INTERPRETING IODINE PATCH TEST RESULTS
Overall, the faster the body draws in the iodine,the greater the iodine need is likely to be.
1. Patch begins to slightly lighten after 24 hours - NORMAL
2. Patch disappears, or almost disappears in 18-24 hours - MILD
3. Patch disappears, or almost disappears in 12-18 hours - MODERATE
4. Patch disappears, or almost disappears in 6-12 hours - SEVERE
5. Patch disappears, or almost disappears in under 6 hours - VERY SEVERE
Repeat the Iodine Patch Test every 1-2 weeks to carefully monitor the need
for iodine. When the patch no longer fades or disappears within 24 hours, lower the iodine dose appropriately.